- Over recent weeks the demand for our services has increased significantly, twice becoming unmanageable causing us to make the difficult decision to temporarily close our website to new clinical enquiries.
- All requests are processed according to clinical need, so we may take a few days to respond, to website requests and to those made by phone; once you have received our acknowledgement please do not call or message us to follow up your enquiry. We will respond as quickly as our resources allow.
We are receiving a significant number of enquiries about the COVID vaccination programme; this is a massive campaign which we are not directly managing. Information is readily available at Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk). Can we ask you to check that website, and only contact us if your question is not answered there; we seldom have any information beyond that which is available publicly.
This is a very significant extra workload for the NHS and is being rolled out very quickly and efficiently, within the Government’s guidelines; Please be patient, you will be called when you are eligible for the vaccine. We cannot accelerate the process.
Can we suggest some other services general health concerns:
- Local pharmacists can often help with minor illnesses
- NHS111, by phone or online, are also available for health advice, including access to face-to-face consultations if necessary
NHS111 is also the most appropriate service for injuries
- LIVI offer video appointments, and have full access to you medical record: Livi – See a GP by video in minutes.
We are asking for our patients’ support, so that we can in turn ensure that we are using our resources to help the patients most in need.